Tour 1 to Places of Worship 2023: Interfaith Network of Greater Dandenong
June 14, 2023 08:30
June 14, 2023 15:30
The City of Greater Dandenong Interfaith Network invites you to:
A Tour to Places of Worship 2023
Date: Wednesday 14 June 2023 Time: 8:30am to 3:00pm
Tour departs from: Interfaith Network Office, 39 Clow Street, Dandenong (Free parking available off Stuart Street, behind IFN Office)
Tour Guide: Mrs Anita Davine & Mrs Roz Blades
- Turkish Islamic and Cultural Centre (Mosque) | 396 Greens Road, Keysborough | Host: Imam Mohammed Sezgin
- Morning Tea
- Shiva Vishnu Temple (Hindu) | 52 Boundary Road, Carrums Down | Host: Mr Thurai & Mrs Rathi Vinayalingham
- Vegetarian Lunch provided by host: Brahma Kumaris Retreat Centre | 83-99 Stotts Lane, Baxter | Host: Sr Jacqueline Russell; donation ($10 - $15) towards lunch is appreciated
- Dhamma Sarana Buddhist Temple (Sri Lankan) | 335 Greens Road, Keysborough| Host: Venerable Thammannagama ShanthaWimala
- Return to Interfaith Network Office, Dandenong
- Debriefing and Refreshments | 39 Clow Street, Dandenong
Cost: $25 - covers transport and 'Many Faiths, One People' book
- Modest clothing worn in all Places of Worship would be appreciated.
- All are requested to remove their shoes before entering the Sikh Gurdwara, Hindu and Buddhist Temples and Mosque.
- All are asked to wear socks on entering the Mosque and women entering the Mosque are asked to cover their heads and wear clothing which covers arms to wrists and legs to ankles, men are asked to cover their heads in the Jewish Synagogue, and all are asked to cover their heads in the Gurdwara.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN HEAD COVERING FOR THE MOSQUE; head covering is only provided in the Synagogue & Gurdwara.
- Visitors should have no tobacco on their person when entering the Gurdwara
Further Information: Stacey Odwazny: 03 8774 7662 | 0411 968 525 | firstname.lastname@example.org